Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Wise Man

Wisdom of the wise man I

There was a young man going out of the village to the neighbouring village. As he reached the village lanmark stone, he spotted a wise old man meditating.

So he ask "Mr Senior, How long does it takes for me to get to the neighbouring village. The wise old man open up his eye and keep quiet. So the young man ask again "Mr Senior could you please tell me how long does it take for me to get to the neighbouring village?"

Once again, the wise old man kept quiet. The young man asked again with frustration "Please tell me how long does it take to get to the neighbouring village. I am in a hurry" However, the wise old man refused to answer.

This time the young man get really very angry and started to walk towards the neighbouring village. After 5 steps, suddenly, the wise old man answer, " Young man, it will take you about about 5 hours plus to 6 hours"

So, the young man get very curious and ask the wise old man "Why did you refuse to answer me the first 3 times?"

The wise old man answer " How do I know how long you will take if I do not know how fast you can walk? So how can I answer you before you started walking?"

So my friends, whenever you need to give advice to your friends please get to know their ability before you offer your advice to ensure that the advice you give will be a helpful one.

Wisdom of the wise man II

There is an old man in the village that everybody always ask him for help whenever they encounter problem. He was named the No. 1 wise man in the world.

In the village, there is one young man who is also very intelligent . So he is very unhappy that someone like the old man could be more popular than him.

One day he approached the old wise man with a bird in his hand. He asked the old man: "Is this bird dead or alive?"

The old man look at the bird and answered :"Whether the bird is death or alive depend on you. If I say it is alive, you will squeeze the bird to death. If I say it is dead, you will release it. So when things are in you hands, you decide your own fate.

What is the moral of the story?

A lot of times, the outcome of whether success or failure lie in our hand. It is your choice whether you want to succeed or not. Although you cannot control certain events that occur, you can nevetheless choose how you want to react. Exercise your power of positive thinking.

No comments: